Will Radiesse And/or Botox Fix the Dimpling and Flatness of my Chin, That's Developed After a Chin Implant? (photo)

I had a chin implant in April of 2010. Now that its completely healed and settled, it hasn't given me enough forward projection (it's flat from the side when my mouth is closed) and the skin dimples up when my mouth is closed. I think what I really need to do is get revision surgery to have the implant placed higher, because when I push it up with my finger the dimpling goes away and the flatness turns into fullness, but as a temporary solution I'm wondering about radiesse and Botox. Thanks!

Wrinkled chin

+2

This is common. The wrinkling of the skin is due muscle contraction.  It is very common before chin implant surgery and usually does not go away with the placing an implant.  Injections with a neuromodulator like Botox, Dysport or Xeomin usually give 3-4 months of improvement.  I have not found Radiesse to be very helpful for this. 

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will Radiesse And/or Botox Fix the Dimpling and Flatness of my Chin

+1

Botox and Radiesse could help with this issue, seek a reputable certified physician for an in-person evaluation to determine the best option for you

Will #Radiesse And/or #Botox Fix the Dimpling and Flatness of my Chin?

+1

Both Radiesse and Botox (or other neuromodulators, such as Xeomin and Dysport) can provide temporary correction for the appearance you're talking about, although they do so in different ways.  The neuromodulators weaken the muscles so you will have less contraction while the Radiesse fills in some of the depressed/lower areas.  Either or both can help though all will be temporary.

Either way, you should talk to your plastic surgeon about the various options.  I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

The best treatment to improve your chin depends on how long ago your chin implant was placed.

+1

The best treatment to improve your chin depends on how long ago your chin implant was placed.  If it was recent, waiting 3-6 months might be the best option.  Both botox and radiesse can be used to address issues in the chin area.  Again this depends on your specific needs.  I suggest you talk to your surgeon or a Facial Plastic Surgeon to discuss the best treatment options.

James Chan, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Volumizing Fillers and Neuromodulators Work Well For Chin Augmentation and Smoothing Chin Dimples

+1

Nonsurgical chin augmentation using volumizing fillers is a safe and effective way for dealing with a congenitally receded chin or chin recession related to age related bone loss or even, as in your case, irregularities that may result from surgical chin implants. It also works well for smoothing out "cottage cheese" dimpling of the chin, especially when combined with the use of a neuromodulator, such as Botox, Dysport or Xeomin..

I prefer the combination of Radiesse, a calcium-based volumizing agent, and Restylane SubQ, a robust hyaluronic acid volumizing agent for nonsurgical chin augmentation. Radiesse is known to stimulate neocollagenesis (native collagen production), which is an added plus of this agent, and Restylane SubQ gives remarkable lift.

Atlhough I routinely use Restylane SubQ in my practice in Israel, it is unfortunately not yet available in the United States  In my Upper East Side NYC practice, for chin augmentation, I combine Radiesse with Perlane L (another member of the Restylane family of products).

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Dimpled, Flat Chin

+1

I recommend seeking an in-person evaluation to determine the best treatment route for what you are experiencing.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD