I got my 2nd treatment of laser hair removal on my underarms and have formed bumps. Will these go away on their own? (Photo)

The girl doing my laser treatment was new and didn't look like she knew what she was doing as she had to keep looking through binders to set up my laser. First laser I used was candela and had no negative effects afterwards. The second laser was the cynosure and then I had swollen itchy bumps.

Bumps after laser hair removal

+2
Bumps around hair follicles after laser hair removal are usually just a sign that sufficient energy has been delivered to create enough heat for the follicle to die. They generally go away after twenty minutes to a day.  If these persist, please see your physician.

Laser hair removal should be performed  by certified health practitioners under the supervision of a dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Bumps that are itchy is normal after laser hair removal

+1
Bumps around the hair follicle means that the follicle was heated and the desired damage from the laser was obtained.  This is a good sign.  Sometimes itching occurs and this can be improved with topical OTC steroids.  The pictures look fine.  Steve Weiner, MD, Facial Plastic Surgeon.

Steven F. Weiner, MD