Need Help Deciding What I Need for my Thighs, Hips and Butt Problem, What Do You Suggest? (photo)

I am a 59 yrs. old woman who weight and now my butt is sagging, have saddlebags thighs. I have a history of small bowel resection done more than 24 yrs. ago, tummy tuck and breast lift done about 15 yrs. ago. I will like to have a lower body lift or smartlipo in order to prevent more scars. But if I have the lipo it will not fix the butt problem. Please look at my pictures and tell me what would work for me best. Looking to have this done ASAP. Thank you

Need Help Deciding What I Need for my Thighs, Hips and Butt Problem, What Do You Suggest?

+2

The thighs can be liposuctioned to help with the saddlebags.  The abdomen, flanks and back can be liposuctioned as well and the fat can be transferred to lift the butt.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures and Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Buttock lift vs. liposuction with fat grafting

+1

Your posted photos are all oblique views without true side, frontal or back views which makes it hard to assess your condition other than the presence of saddle bag fat deposits. If you just want a shaplier backside saddlebag and lumbar back liposuction with fat graft injection into specific areas of the buttocks may give you most of what you are looking for and would not preclude additional future surgery. It is unclear from the photos if you have sufficient excess skin to justify extension of the abdominoplasty incision around the back for a full lower body lift.

Therefore I suggest that you visit with a couple of plastic surgeons close to your home to get the required face to face assessment so you can make your decision based on the estimated amount of excess skin to be removed.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

Posterior body lift and liposuction of thighs should help a lot.

+1

Hi.

Of course, hard to be sure just from pictures, but it looks like you have real sagging which should be corrected with buttock lift (the back part of a body lift).  We recommend tumescent liposuction, not "Smartlipo".  You make really good scars!

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Liposuction thighs

+1

Dear Ramwil,

Thank you for the question and the photos. It appears you may benefit from liposuction of the thighs the outside and front and transfer that fat to the buttock area. 

If your skin is lax I would recommend some tightening using your previous scars instead of making any additional scars. 

A consultation with a Board certified plastic surgeon will be extremely helpful in determining what you need and what is reasonably achievable.

Best of luck ...

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS