Estrogin Dominance? (photo)

Hello Everyone,I have a question..Is it wise to have male breast reduction surgery while having estrogen dominance..meaning my testosterone converts to estrogen..will it regrow back once i have my reduction surgery

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Sever Gynecomastia

+1

I do think you should consult a very experienced gynecomastia surgeon.Generally when 95% of the gynecomastia tissue is removed  you should not have a recurrence regardless hormonal problems.

Web reference: http://www.cosmetic-md.com/gynecomastia/severe-gynecomastia/

Endocrine Abnormality and Male Breast Reduction

+1

You should optimize your endocrine status prior to surgery, and the estrogen dominance problem should be solved.  The estrogen must have a source and it must be elucidated.  After that time, seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs these procedures all of the time.  Kenneth Hughes, MD male breast reduction Los Angeles, CA

Estrogen dominance and severe gynecomastia

+1

I am sorry you have gynecomastia .

• Once removed, breast tissue cannot return. You need a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who will probably combine laser liposuction and direct excision (subcutaneous mastectomy) of the breast tissue.
  • Remaining breast tissue may be controlled with testosterone.Your surgeon must talk with your Board Certified Endocrinologist before surgery.
  • Testicular and other tumors can cause severe gynecomastia. These must be detected and treated before surgery. Best wishes.

Endocrinology evaluation and treatment prior to gynecomastia surgery

+1

From your post it seems that you have been evaluated by an endocrinologist if not then you definitely need an evaluation.  You are a candidate for a subcutaneous mastectomy.  In order to preserve the blood supply to the nipple you must leave a small amount of breast tissue attached to the under surface of the nipple.  If you still have excessive estrogen then this can cause a recurrence.  Most likely not as large as you are presently.  Best to try to correct the underlying problem first before proceeding with the surgery. 

Male Breast Reduction Surgery

+1

Dear Nito,

I would recommend seeing an endocrinologist, if you have not already, to deal with the hormonal issues and optimize that situation.

At the same time, I would have a consultation with a plastic surgeon skilled in male breast reduction surgery. Your surgeon and endocrinologist can work together to optimize your treatment and plan appropriate timing.