BBL then TT or TT then BBL? (photo)

Please give me expert advice on what procedure would i most benefit from first (althou I want both) should I have my BBL first then a TT or vice versa? I'm afraid if I have TT first doc won't have enough fat to give me a nice booty.

Either one could be a right plan

+2

If you are medically fit, you can get both TT and BBL at same time. you can share the recovery time. the surgery time would be around five hours. combination of procedures won't effect the final result. However, if you rather to stage your procedures or medically would be better to perform procedures in separate stages, I would advise to plant for BBL first and then TT to follow.

Tummy Tuck and Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

With a Brazilian Butt Lift, some of the transferred fat will not survive and some of the harvested fat will not be usable for transfer.  Therefore, if you do the BBL first, there will be a chance to add more fat later at the time of the tummy tuck.  Also, the upper tummy fat should not be aggressively suctioned at the same time as a tummy tuck since the blood supply will be compromised.  Therefore, a combined operation will leave less choices for fat harvest.  The best choice is to do the BBL first and the TT later with some more fat transfer.  The second option would be to do them both together and avoid a second operation.  There is not always a single best answer.

Martin O'Toole, MD

Combining Brazilian buttock lift and tummy tuck

+2

If you are in good health you can combine the TT and BBL at the same time. The procedure can take close to five hours and during the recover you are limited to a side to side position. If you choose to separate the procedures, I would recommend doing the BBL first followed by a TT several months later. You want to have enough fat for the BBL, so that is why it should be performed first. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon before having these procedures.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Tummy Tuck First or Brazilian ButtLift First

+2

Dear Buying me a Body,  There are two reasons to perform the BBL first and the tummy tuck second.  First,  with a BBL not all of the fat that is harvested can be transferred to the buttock for lifting and filling.  Some of the fat will not be usable no matter what harvest technique is used so you want to have a good supply of fat available for harvesting and the tummy is a great spot to use.  Second, after you have a BBL, you will be limited on how much time you can spend sitting or laying on your buttocks.  After a tummy tuck, it is difficult for a while to lay flat on your stomach.  By having the BBL first, your surgeon can harvest the fat and use the liposuction process to also shape and contour your trunk, abdomen, and back.  Then during the tummy tuck, if any areas of the buttock need additional fullness, your plastic surgeon can use this opportunity to address those areas.   Of course, obtaining a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to determine what options are best for you.  Good luck and I hope this helps.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

BBL then TT or TT then BBL?

+2

I think that the liposuction of the front, sides, and back results in a much tighter stomach area than doing the tummy tuck first followed by liposuction and the Brazilian buttlift.   The reason for this is simple.  More skin can be removed when less fat is present.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

TT and BBL

+1

Easy question to answer a s far as I'm concerned. Forget the BBL altogether,  Just do the tummy tuck and some lipo.  I feel the BBL is a loser of a procedure.  It sounds better than it actually works.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Buttock Augmentation before Tummy Tuck

+1

In general I recommend the liposuciton and buttock augmentation prior to a tummy tuck as structural fat transfer often looks better if done twice and if any additional volume is needed it can often be done at the time of the tummy tuck.  In certain situations one can have the tummyt tuck and structural fat transfer at the same time. These are very individualized procedures so a full consultation is requiredin order to determine what is best.

Charles Perry, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

One needs to look at Brazilian Butt Lift as a body contouring surgery rather than just putting fat in the buttock. As in your wish picture, it is the whole body that need contouring. First loose the weight, once you are near ideal body weight, it will take a tummy tuck, liposuction flanks, back and the fat transfer to the buttocks. Otherwise you will be disappointed.