$10,000 to Spend on This Body, is It Doable for My Stomach to Get Flat? (photo)

We all have budgets but I live in BK NY and all I can spend is 10,000. What are my best options for procedures that will get me back flat?

How to Spend $10,000 on Body #tummytuck

+1

You should be able to find an excellent surgeon for that price or less to get a tummy tuck and maybe even some liposuction to compliment the tummy tuck. I would start there. That will be the best place to start to get the tummy back in shape. You look like you would get an excellent result.

Can I Get A Flat Stomach?

+1

Thanks for the question and the good quality photos. It appears that most of your fat storage is intraabdominal, that is behind the muscles, and cannot be corrected by cosmetic surgery. The good news about that is any weight loss will almost certainly come from that area. A good test to know when you are ready for a tummy tuck that will make your stomach flat is this:

Lie flat on your back. If your ribs stick out further than your tummy does, the surgery will work well. As long as your tummy sticks out more than the ribs in that position, a TT cannot flatten your abdomen.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Can I get the body I want for $10,000

+1

Since you are on a budget, this is what I would suggest: Consider a weight loss program to get your weight down.  This will reduce the amount of surgery you will require (which would be significant liposuction of the back), then you may only require a basic tummy tuck.  This will likely be the most cost effective and healthiest alternative. 

Brian Dorner, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck in a Bulging Belly

+1

Thank you for providing the clear pictures.  You obviously do not have a generalized weight problem, but you do have intra-abdominal obesity causing the abdomen to bulge from top to bottom, similar to a pregnant belly, or what is known as the "beer-belly".  Certainly getting a nicer, more flat belly is worth all the money that you can spend.  But, as I see it now, you cannot expect a completely flat belly because of the bulge that is present from top to bottom.  What has worked for my patients in the past is I have placed them on a strict healthy eating regimen for a period enough to lose some of the intra-abdominal fat, and only after the belly has become loose have I attempted to improve it with a tummy tuck.  Trust me this works best.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

$10,000 to Spend on This Body, is It Doable for My Stomach to Get Flat?

+1

A tummy tuck would make you much flatter by removing the loose skin and tightening the muscles.  Liposuction of the sides and back in addition to the tummy tuck will likely give you the best result.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and liposuction procedures each year.  I think that your budget will allow you to get a great result.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tummy Tuck?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Although I cannot comment specifically about costs of surgery in your area, it is clear based on your photographs that your best shot to achieve a “flat”  abdomen would be to undergo tummy tuck surgery. This operation is best done when you have achieved a long-term stable weight,  if you are not already there.

Select your plastic surgeon carefully;  do not base this selection primarily on costs. Communicate your goals carefully and make sure you both  have similar definitions for “flat” abdomen;  achieving realistic expectations prior to surgery always important.