Breast Revision? (photo)

I had breast augmentation a month ago and a couple of days after the procedure my breast were looking deform and hard. one was higher then the other and they look like torpedoes. My PS stated that it was because i was not massaging them properly so he gave me steroids. but they didnt really work. so he did a open capsulotomy and i think they came out worst. what can i do? my PS keeps blaming it on me and that am not massaging hard enough. please help

Breast revision

+1

Thank you for your question and for the posted photos. I am sorry to hear about your frustrating post-op course.

I am not sure I quite get the flow of the course--a capsulotomy in the first month sounds a little unusual, so I wonder if that was all that was done. 

Looking at the photos, it appears that you might have been well served to have discussed the need for a breast lift either at the time of implants, or staged several months after. 

At this point in time, I would recommend some patience as the implants settle. It is most likely that some time in the future (months) you would be well served by a properly performed breast lift.The nipples are areolas would be lifted, move a bit toward the center, and the areolas decreased in size. 

Thanks for sharing your story and photos. Al the best. 

Post-Op Breast Implants

+1

Isabella, your question brings up several points regarding breast surgery that probably don't get enough discussion. First of all it should be clear that one month is way to early to see a final result especially in revision surgery. Secondly, while massage is very important, there are other ways to help patients with implant location. Primarily, a superior pole strap can be invaluable in keeping the pockets open inferiorly and provides constant pressure vs the intermittant presure of massage. Lastly, even with perfect implant placement you still have dilated areola made worse with the stretch of the implants. After 6 months you may consider a mastopexy to decrease the areolar size, change the location slightly and tighten the skin envelope.

Paul S. Howard, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Implant issues

+1

It looks like you needed a lift in your pre-op photos. The nipples will still stay a bit lateral as they were before surgery.

Unhappy with results

+1

from surgery will occur if discussed goals are not met.  Did you discuss the possibility of a lift?  Was the surgery for a contracture?  What methods of managing the contracture were reviewed?  There are too many unanswered questions here.  But you should never feel like its your fault.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon and what can be done to provide the results you expected.  Hopefully this will make him understand your concerns better.  If you don't like his answer and he keeps blaming you, you should get a second opinion. 

Curtis Wong, MD

Concerns after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I'm sorry to hear about the frustrating experience after breast augmentation and revisionary surgery. At this point, given that you are early out from the revisionary breast surgery, there is not much to do surgically. I would suggest that you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon and evaluate the results of surgery closer to one year postoperatively.   It may be at that time, that additional surgery may be helpful to improve the shape of your breasts.

If you need additional/precise advise  in person consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons (second opinions) is your best bet.