Just Had Breast Augmentation - Couple Days After Became Hard?

Did breast augmentation a month ago and a couple of days after procedure i notice that they become hard and one was flatter and higher then the other. I was given steroids to help but it really didnt. .a couple days ago my PS did open capsulotomy and i think it came out worst. Whar can i do? Please help

It is impossible to develop a capsular contracture a couple of days after breast augmentation.

+2

The rudiments of a capsule can be found in the first few days after implantation but the cells that generate contracture will not be on the premeses for many more days.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,13-atlanta-breast-augmentation.htm

Open Capsulotomy with Worse Appearance

+1

Preop and postop pictures would help in this matter, but I would recommend talking with your plastic surgeon. 

Open capsulotomy

+1

At this point, you can not do much but wait and see how things heal. If you are concerned you should speak with your surgeon.

Concerns after Breast Augmentation?

+1

I am sorry to hear about the complication you have experienced after breast augmentation surgery. Unfortunately,  on line consultants really cannot do you justice;  making a diagnosis without direct physical examination is not possible.  Your plastic surgeon would be your best resource during this challenging time;  if you need an additional  opinion, seek consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Treatment for capuslar contraction.

+1

Hi Isabella,

thank you for your question.  Sometimes a capulotomy (releasing the capsule) suffices for treatment of a contraction, sometimes the entire capsule needs to be taken out (capsulectomy).  A new implant should be used and immediate massage started.  Also some plastic surgeons will start medications to try to inhibit the recurrance of the contraction.

Best Wishes!

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Recurrent??? Alloderm ??

+1

If this was a revision of capsular contracture you may have had an adequate release and still see effects of initial problem. For capsular contracture you need implant exchange and consider use of alloderm??

Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Hard Breast Post Op, Capsulotomy soon after, what to do?

+1

Hi Isabella,

Get back in to see your doctor and ask about doing breast massage 3x a day to assist in remodeling the pocket and to keep the implant soft,  mobile and in the correct position.

I start all patients with breast massaging on post op day 1 and this has been a great way to maintain the pocket pliability and shape.

Thanks for asking!

Dr Ellen

Westport Plastic Surgeon

Capsular contracture after a few days??

+1

If the implant or implants felt hard during the first days after surgery, the cause would not be capsular contracture. For CC to occur, the capsule must develop, and this requires tissue growth and is not instantaneous. 

You are likely to get useful advice from this site only if you provide enough information to use in assessing your situation. Photos would be most helpful here, including some from before and following your surgery. Please considering posting some pictures if you are able.

Thanks and best wishes.