Overall Bronzing and Cystic Acne After Fraxel Restore

I had 3 Fraxel Restores with the last being on May 10th. My 2nd treatment, I broke out with a handful of cysts which I was told was normal. After my 3rd treatment, I broke out with another handful plus the others seemed to pop back up. My derm put me on doxycycline; thankfully I have no new cysts and the others have resolved. Along with the PIH from the cysts, moderate hyperpigmentation, I have an overall bronzing which clearly ends at the jaw. I just started Nu Derm. Am I on the right path?

The bronzing after fraxel will go away eventually

The bronzing you are experiencing will eventually go away.  It sounds like you got good advice from your dermatologist. 

Bronzing after Fraxel

The bronzing after Fraxel is temporary for the majority of cases. Be patient and use a good moisutrizing cream and sunscreens.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Overall Bronzing and Cystic Acne Breakout After Fraxel restore

Hi MtPMom,

Follow your dermatologists advice.  The good news is that the bronzing that you are experiencing from your Fraxel restore treatments will eventually fade with time.  I hope that your symptoms resolve quickly.  Good luck and be well. 

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon