Overall Bronzing and Cystic Acne After Fraxel Restore

I had 3 Fraxel Restores with the last being on May 10th. My 2nd treatment, I broke out with a handful of cysts which I was told was normal. After my 3rd treatment, I broke out with another handful plus the others seemed to pop back up. My derm put me on doxycycline; thankfully I have no new cysts and the others have resolved. Along with the PIH from the cysts, moderate hyperpigmentation, I have an overall bronzing which clearly ends at the jaw. I just started Nu Derm. Am I on the right path?

The bronzing after fraxel will go away eventually

+1

The bronzing you are experiencing will eventually go away.  It sounds like you got good advice from your dermatologist. 

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Bronzing after Fraxel

+1

The bronzing after Fraxel is temporary for the majority of cases. Be patient and use a good moisutrizing cream and sunscreens.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Overall Bronzing and Cystic Acne Breakout After Fraxel restore

+1

Hi MtPMom,

Follow your dermatologists advice.  The good news is that the bronzing that you are experiencing from your Fraxel restore treatments will eventually fade with time.  I hope that your symptoms resolve quickly.  Good luck and be well. 

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD