6 pregnancies, 44 years old. Will I qualify for a Tummy Tuck? (photo)

I'm 44 years old. I have had 6 pregnancies(1 C-section included) I am 5'2" and weigh 140. I have been wanting a tummy tuck for the last 10 years and have finally conquered my fear after my sister in law had hers done by DR Kiran Polavarapu. Omg she looks great and it's only been 10 days. I'm including a pic to help you see my dilemma

Lateral tension abdominolasty tummy tuck

+2
Based on your description and picture, you seem to be a very good candidate for a lateral tension abdominoplasty tummy tuck procedure. After multiple pregnancies you'll likely need aggressive muscle plication to provide outstanding long-term results. Please do come in for a consultation to evaluate your options and discuss the procedure in detail.

Reasonable Candidate for Tummy Tuck

+2
Thank you for your picture.  I would recommend a full tummy tuck with muscle repair.  This will give you a much better abdominal contour.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS, FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

TT

+2
You are a wonderful candidate for a Tummy Tuck and all of the saggy skin and stretch marks below your navel will be eliminated. 
So your abdomen will become tight and flatter because you will need also a tight muscle repair. This will help also to create a tapered waist. 
Be encouraged you will be loving your results. Be sure your doctor will take good care of you. 
Dr. Cardenas

Laura Carmina Cardenas, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

You could be a great tummy tuck candidate.

+1
While of course it’s impossible to say that you’ll benefit from a tummy tuck without a full physical examination, your photo does show many issues that are typically resolved with a tummy tuck, such as loose, excess skin. If you’re at a healthy target weight and you know you’re done having kids, I would recommend scheduling a few consultations to get a feel for what your options are. Be sure you look for a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in tummy tucks and/or body contouring for the best results.

Frank Campanile, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

6 pregnancies, 44 years old. Will I qualify for a Tummy Tuck?

+1
Only 1 dilemma is why risk going to DR. Recent serious infections from cosmetic surgery done there. Be careful...  

+1
Thank you very much for uploading your photograph. It does look as if you have a significant amount of stretch marks on your tummy following the birth of your children and also possibly the tummy muscles have been stretched.
I think you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck procedure which would essentially remove the majority of the tissue between your tummy button and the area where your Caesarean scar would be if you have one. This would be combined with a repair of your muscles.
This could be performed as part of a tummy tuck procedure and most plastic surgeons can perform this treatment.
It may be worthwhile scheduling a consultation with a plastic surgeon in your area to discuss the best way forward for you.

Adrian Richards, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

TT

+1
Thank you for the picture.

You make a great candidate for a tummy tuck, some liposuction in the waist and lower back will enhance your body shape as well as give you a flat stomach.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Candidate

+1
You may be just the person the tummy tuck procedure was created for! It's no wonder your abdomen is showing some wear and tear after six pregnancies. It's likely a full tummy tuck, including muscle repair and skin removal, will be a good strategy for you. You and your plastic surgeon can also discuss whether a bit of targeted liposuction to blast stubborn fat pockets would be a good addition.

Arrange at least two consultations with board certified plastic surgeons, and be sure to bring up your fear of surgery. This is a topic we address with our patients quite often. It could be that choosing twilight sedation over general anesthesia might put you at ease.

Tummy tuck surgery, while not an "easy" procedure, is one that experienced plastic surgeons will have performed hundreds of times. If you are in good health, don't smoke and your weight is stable (or you're losing weight), you have every chance of being very pleased with your results.

Elliot Jacobs, M.D.

Elliot W. Jacobs, MD

Likely an excellent Tummy Tuck candidate

+1
From your photos, you appear to be a great candidate for a tummy tuck. This will remove the excess skin and the stretch marks, and tighten the abdominal muscles that are certainly stretched and weakened after 6 pregnancies! Obviously, you would need to be seen in person so you can be examined and you can hear about your specific options. Make sure to research potential surgeons and even speak to past patients.

Matthew Schulman, MD

+1
From these pictures it looks like you only have enough skin laxity for a tummy tuck. See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in body contouring and tummy tucks for more individualized information. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon