Plastic Surgery in Other Countries?

I am almost certain what the response is going to be, but I will ask the question anyway... I am wondering which countries other than the USA are safe to have plastic surgery? I ask because prices in the USA are so high few can afford them. I know some will say that it is safer to have proceedures done in this country, and I am concerned about that as well. However we cannot be the only safe country in the world.

Plastic Surgery in Other Countries?

+1

I certainly would not recommend another country based upon safety concerns.  On a purely economic level, consider the costs associated with treating problems upon return to the US.  I think that most people would do better with trying to find a financing option that works for them.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/brazilian-buttlift-photo-galleries.php

Plastic surgery in other countries, is it safe?

+1

You are right, the US is not the only country with safe plastic surgery. A few issues if you are planning to go abroad for you cosmetic plastic surgery: 1. the standards will be different, 2. if you will have a complication, it is costly to travel back to see your doctor, 3. most US physicians will not take you on as a patient, 4. if you end up with a poor result, there's no legal recourse, 5. to fix your problem will take more money at times than the original surgery would've cost you, 6. Some poor results are not fully correctable. No surgeon wants to undertake the correction, because now it becomes their problem and they will be blamed for the poor outcome, 7. You will find that many foreign physicians will say on their web sites or in their clinic that they trained in the US. This might be partially true. Many spent a few weeks observing surgery in someone's clinic, but have no hands on experience or able to recognize a problem early and to take care of it appropriately.

You should keep those points in mind. If you are adamant going abroad for surgey, make sure you choose an ISAPS (International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) member. Countries where a lot of plastic surgery is done besides the US, are Brazil, Argentina, England and France. Be careful in Eastern Europe, standard of care is not uniform. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.bellevueplasticsurgeons.com

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon