I want to ask your personal opinion as what you think happened to my abdomen after Laser Liposuction. (photo)

I got a laser lipo when I actually needed a tummy tuck but the doc said no and now my belly looks destroyed and abnormal and extremely hard. No one can tell me what I can do because now I don't have enough skin for a tt

Abdomen post laser lipo

+2
It is difficult to answer totally without seeing before pictures and having an examination. I would agree with the other reviewer. I would allow 3-6 months of time to pass and then get a consultation for a TT. Your options, location of the scar will all be explained to you. I believe that you could get a nice improvement with a TT. 

Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Laser Liposuction Complication

+2
There is no magic with laser liposuction. In essence it is a light that liquifies the fat and cauterizes blood vessels.
As a result of the "internal burn" and scarring, it can cause depressions, contractions, and irregularities.
With massage and time, the problem may get a little better but an abdominoplasty would help immensely. You should wait 6 months to one year postoperatively before proceeding with an abdominoplasty. Hope this helps.  

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Laser Lipo Problems

+2
Sorry to hear about your problems. From your description, it sounds like you have hard areas of fat under the loose skin. At this point, I would suggest that you allow everything to heal for 3 to 6 months before considering any other surgery. With the amount of skin that you have, I think that you can get quite a bit of improvement with a tummy tuck, though you may have some remaining irregularities from the liposuction.

Donald Griffin, MD

What to do

+1
Without examining you and seeing more photos, I cannot tell you exactly what you need.  However, once you are at least 6 months from surgery, I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing your options.  I do think a tummy tuck could give you good results.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with abdomen after laser liposuction [PHOTO]

+1
Thanks very much for your enquiry and I’m sorry you are not happy with the results of your surgery.

I think you have got adhesions which basically means that the skin is sticking to the muscle underneath. This can occur after liposuction particularly if the fat is not removed completely evenly.

I think this is a difficult problem to treat and may require fat transfer and possibly freeing up of the skin.
It is important to see a very experienced surgeon who has treated similar cases.

Once again I’m sorry you are not happy with the results of your surgery. I hope you do find a surgeon who can sort the problems out for you.

Adrian Richards, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Laser liposuction and abdomen

+1
Without having more information it is tough to say. If it was just done, then I would suggest waiting at least 6 months for the tissue to soften and to see what excess you have at that point to see if you can have a tummy tuck. Best of luck.