Stretched Marks? (photo)

After observing the stretched marks on my Tummy, how much of it do you think will disapear ? I am aware of the visability after surgery, but would like to have an idea more or less of the outcome.

Stretch Mark Removal with Tummy Tuck

+2

Usually about 90% of the stretch marks are removed with tummy tuck.  Some patients have 100% removed and some less.  It really depends on your anatomy and how loose your skin is.  An in-person consultation is the best way to discuss your options.

Good Luck.

Tummy tuck

+2

With a tummy tuck the stretch marks below the belly button go away - the ones above the BB move down. At the time of a consultation, I can show photos of what happens.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Stretch Marks?

+2

I can't quite tell enough from the photos, but it does appear that the skin below the navel is in excess, and the stretch marks in that area will be removed. The others will be lower, possibly all below the navel, but I say that without certainty. Of course, that is only one aspect of the overall improvement you can expect. Best wishes.

How Much of the Stretch Marks Area Will Be Removed with Tummy Tuck?

+1

In general, at least the stretchmarks below the belly button will be removed.  Depending upon skin laxity, sometimes a large amount of skin above the belly button can be removed as well.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs HUNDREDS of tummy tucks each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Stretched Marks?

+1

The % improvement with a full tummy tuck would be in range of 40% at best. Seek in person opinions, please. 

Stretch marks in the pattern of skin excision for an abdominoplasty

+1

With an abdominoplasty the stretch marks from below the umbilicus will be removed and the stretch marks above the umbilicus will move down.  Most of your stretch marks will be removed in exchange for a low transverse incision but not all can be removed.  I am sure your surgeon will do his best to give you the optimal result.