Arm lipo or lift? (photo)

I heard lots of ladies here in realself get lipo in the arms. However, my concern is looseness after the lipo. I would like to have something done to my arms but not too sure of what. Can someone please look at my pic and let me know what I should do. I am not excited about an arm lift because of scaring. Then again I don't know much about neither procedure.

Arm lipo or lift?

+1

An exam would be necessary to make this determination.

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of body contouring procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results. 

Arm lipo or Arm lift

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.

Without examining you there is no way to know if liposuction would suffice or if you would need an arm lift. in the picture attached I don't see a picture of your arms. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.

Best of luck to you

David Cangello, MD

No photo but here are some arm liposuction ideas

+1

Arm liposuction is wonderful and works for many people.   Skin contracts well.   The ony people who should NOT have arm lipo are those with massive weight loss and skin laxity, those with a lot of loose wrinkled arm skin,  the older folks with lots of skin and little fat,  and those with really bad skin tone and little fat.   That leaves about 80 % of people I see being perfectly great arm lipo candidates.  Vaser arm lipo is a real asset in such patients.  So avoid the long scar arm lift if you can.  The long scar must be justified by a really great result to justify and certify the risk reward proper ratio.  My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift or liposuction

+1

Good questions but the photo isn't enough to say if an arm lift or arm liposuction is best. 

• The arm lift removes loose skin. It leaves a long scar. It will distort the pattern of your complex tattoo.
  • Arm liposuction removes fat. Skin will usually shrink down.
  • See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss both options. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Arm Lift versus Lipo

+1
It is hard to tell from your picture what you are showing.  I would suggest uploading more pictures or scheduling an in-person consultation.  In most cases, if you have fullness to the arms, liposuction is the best choice as removing the fat will also lead to tightening of the skin.  If all you have is loose skin, then you likely need an arm lift.  However, the lift will require a long incision along underside of the arm.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD