Arm lipo or lift? (photo)

I heard lots of ladies here in realself get lipo in the arms. However, my concern is looseness after the lipo. I would like to have something done to my arms but not too sure of what. Can someone please look at my pic and let me know what I should do. I am not excited about an arm lift because of scaring. Then again I don't know much about neither procedure.

Arm lipo or lift?

An exam would be necessary to make this determination.

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of body contouring procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results. 

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Arm lipo or Arm lift

Hello and thank you for your question.

Without examining you there is no way to know if liposuction would suffice or if you would need an arm lift. in the picture attached I don't see a picture of your arms. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.

Best of luck to you

David Cangello, MD

44 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10013

No photo but here are some arm liposuction ideas

Arm liposuction is wonderful and works for many people.   Skin contracts well.   The ony people who should NOT have arm lipo are those with massive weight loss and skin laxity, those with a lot of loose wrinkled arm skin,  the older folks with lots of skin and little fat,  and those with really bad skin tone and little fat.   That leaves about 80 % of people I see being perfectly great arm lipo candidates.  Vaser arm lipo is a real asset in such patients.  So avoid the long scar arm lift if you can.  The long scar must be justified by a really great result to justify and certify the risk reward proper ratio.  My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

1515 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, CA 94306

Arm lift or liposuction

Good questions but the photo isn't enough to say if an arm lift or arm liposuction is best. 

• The arm lift removes loose skin. It leaves a long scar. It will distort the pattern of your complex tattoo.
  • Arm liposuction removes fat. Skin will usually shrink down.
  • See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss both options. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

2045 Peachtree Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30309

Arm Lift or Liposuction for hanging upper arm skin

You are asking the right questions. The best path forward in determining if an Arm lift or Liposuction is best for you is to get an in person consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. The surgeon will be able to feel the upper arm area and judge the elasticity of your skin.  If your skin is too loose, I would not advise any amount of Liposuction unless you have the skin  tightened with an Arm Lift. 

Liposuction is a much less involved procedure compared to the Arm Lift, and Liposuction recovery is very quick. However, if the surgeon recommends an Arm Lift, you should do that, or nothing at all.

Keep in mind that there are several versions of the Arm Lift, and each version results in a different type and length of scar.  When you have your consultation be sure to ask your Plastic Surgeon exactly how long and where the incision will be located, if he does recommend an Arm Lift. Good luck!

Ricardo L Rodriguez MD
Baltimore, Maryland

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

1300 Bellona Avenue
Baltimore, Maryland 21093

Arm Lift versus Lipo

It is hard to tell from your picture what you are showing.  I would suggest uploading more pictures or scheduling an in-person consultation.  In most cases, if you have fullness to the arms, liposuction is the best choice as removing the fat will also lead to tightening of the skin.  If all you have is loose skin, then you likely need an arm lift.  However, the lift will require a long incision along underside of the arm.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

10 East 53rd Street
New York, NY 10022