Bromelain and Arnica Before Ultherapy?

Is there any reason to believe bromelain and arnica would interfere with the effectiveness of ultherapy I will be asking my own doctor but wanted to get thoughts here too. Although ulthera causes minor swelling, it's my understanding that this is not what's responsible for collagen tightening, so it doesn't seem there should be a negative impact. I ask because I'll be getting some filler the same day after ulthera (to avoid melting the filler) and want to avoid bruising. Thanks.

Supplements, medicines, and Ulthera in Los Angeles

+2

I advise my Ulthera patients to take Arnica, Bromelain, and healthy quantities of Vitamin C before and after Ulthera treatments. Vitamin C can help boost collagen production. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

BruiseFIghter and Swell-X

+1
We use a regimen of 2 products called BruiseFighter which is bromeliad based and another called Swell-X which are bioflavonoids and are anti-inflammatory and reduce tissue swelling. 

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Arnica and Bromelain before Ultherapy

+1

I don't know of a contraindication creating a need to avoid Arnica or Bromelain prior to having Ultherapy. There may be slight swelling and even rare cases of bruising with Ultherapy. The Arnica montana and bromelain therapy may help decrease the extent of such swelling or bruising.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Arnica probably minimal effect on Ultherapy

+1

It is unlikely that arnica or bromelain will have any effect on Ulthera results, either positive or negative, because the swelling is usually minimal anyway.

Richard Baxter, MD