Will having broken your nose several times before rhinoplasty impact the physical recovery time?

This last time I broke my nose my septum was deviated so bad it impacted my breathing. I had surgery to correct my septum and rhinoplasty to fix everything else. It has been 6 months and my nose is still big and looks like its been broken. I have been massaging my bridge but the irregular areas feel very hard and it doesn't seem to be working. How long is nasal massaging affective?

+1

If you have concerns, I would get examined by your surgeon.

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Rhinoplasty Recovery

+1

Swelling is affected not so much by the condition of your nose before surgery but by the amount of work done at your operation. If you are concerned at six months you should follow up with your surgeon. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon