How is a broken nose fixed?

basically, i broke my nose and went to my doctor 2 days later which he told me to go to the hospital. After going to A&E the next day, i was told i would have to be restricted to a ENT specialist which i would need to leave 10 days to allow the swelling to go down was what i was told also.... So i was wondering what will my nose just be cracked into place or cud it be more complicated requiring Rhinoplasty, thanks.

Broken nose repair

+1
A broken nose repair involves medial and lateral osteotomies to straighten and narrow the nasal bones. This is performed under general anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure. The incisions are all placed in side the nose. Occasionally a cartilaginous  spreader graft is also required to help stabilize the upper lateral cartilages that may be fractured inwards.

How is a broken nose fixed?

+1

This determination will have to be made after an exam is performed.

Nasal Fracture

+1
Just because you fractured your nose does not mean it has to be surgically corrected. Surgery may be indicated for a crooked nose, displaced nasal bones, or a deviated septum (difficulty breathing). Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon