How Can I Get my Broken Nose Fixed?

Hello About 8 months ago I was headbutted in the nose, I felt a sharp pain and my eyes became watery... now my nose is crooked, What Can I do to get it fixed what type of surgery will I need... How much Money will it be, Is it a complicated surgery?

Fixing a broken nose

+1

A simple reduction of the nasal fracture can be performed out of medical necessity and billed to your medical insurance, which will require documentation of the injury and x-rays of your nasal fracture. In many cases, the internal septum is also fractured and will need to be addressed, especially if there are breathing problems after the fracture. Any cosmetic surgery cost is separate and is billed to and paid for by the patient. Nasal fractures can be quite complicated so make sure you go to an experienced surgeon who specializes in noses. A typical cosmetic rhinoplasty costs approximately $6,000.00, which includes the operating room, anesthesia, and the surgeon’s fee for performing the procedure.

Fixing a broken nose

+1

The best thing for this is a closed nasal reduction, which should be performed within two weeks of the trauma. If this did not take place, than it is likely your nasal bones would have to be fractured again to repair your nose. But it really depends on your individual situation. I would need to perform an examination or see additional photos to give you the best advice. Thank you, and best of luck to you.

Dr. Nassif

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Fixing Broken Nose

+1

A septorhinoplasty with reduction of your nasal fractures will give you the best result. Fixing a deviated nose is a difficult operation, but you will have a good result when done by an experienced surgeon. Cost will vary depending on your location and surgeon. Customary charges can easily be determined by calling offices in your geographic area.

Rhinoplasty for Broken Nose Repair

+1

Plastic surgeons commonly see broken noses in their office, either immediately after the injury or much later. Typically, broken nose repair may be performed immediately within approximately two weeks from injury. After several weeks, the nasal bones fuse and nasal surgery would have to be delayed several months until further surgery is allowed. Nasal surgery months or years after injury is rhinoplasty, which may or may not be covered by insurance. The complexity of surgery depends on your particular nasal anatomy, degree of injury, and your specific goals & desires.

Speak with a rhinoplasty surgeon in your area. Only after a comprehensive evaluation by a plastic surgeon can he/she determine appropriate options for you.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Broken nose

+1

Rhinoplasty can be done to fix a broken nose.  Insurance may cover some or most of the cost.   There is no urgency in doing it now versus later.  It may better to wait if you are young.  How old are you?

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty can be done to fix broken nose.

+1

A rhinoplasty with repair of your septum can be done to straighten the nose. Insurance may pay for part of the repair, depending on your coverage.

Fixing a broken nose

+1

If you did not have any surgery performed within the first 2 weeks after the broken nose to reset the bones, you will require a more definitive surgery.  The nasal bones will need to be rebroken and straightened.  In addition, if you have breathing issues, a septoplasty is performed to fix a deviated septum and typically spreader grafts are placed in the nasal valve to open the airway more and make the nose straighter.  Depending on what cosmetic changes you want to your nose, a portion of this procedure should be covered by insurance.  Hope that helps.

Etai Funk, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgery is needed

+1

You need to be evaluated by a good nasal surgeon to see if there was internal damage too. An open reduction of a nasal fracture is the least - but if you need other changes perhaps a rhinoplasty will fix you up. Get a consultation first. .

William B. Rosenblatt, MD