Broken Capillaries Recurring After 3 Weeks, how Many Treatments Required to Get Rid of Facial Veins?

I have broken capillaries around my nose as well as some on my cheeks. I recently had the a combination of pulsed dye laser and DioLite. It worked for about 3 weeks but the veins around my nose have come back. I have another appointment in two weeks in case they reappeared. I wonder how many treatments would be required to get rid of the facial veins, especially those around my nose. I'm 34 years old, with very fair skin. I use sunscreen daily.

Laser treatment of facial veins around the nose

+1

Vessels on the sides of the nose (ala nasi) always respond to treatment with a variety of lasers or light sources, such as the pulsed dye laser, the Nd:YAG green light laser, or IPL light, but they very frequently recur. There is no one laser or type of treatment that will guarantee permanant removal. It's very frustrating, because the vessels almost always easity disappear, but extremely frequently come back some days, weeks, or months later.

Kenneth A. Arndt, M.D.

Chestnut Hill Dermatologist