Are These Broken Capillaries an Obstacle in Getting Filler to Fix the Nasolabial Folds? (photo)

I have broken vessels at both sides of my nose.. I want to treat my nasolabial folds with Juvederm, but I am afraid that the broken capillaries might get worse.. Please advise!

Visible blood vessels are not a problem for fillers

+1

The presence of visible blood vessels on the nose or in the area of the nasolabial fold is not a contraindication to receiving fillers. The skill of the physician injecting the filler is important in order not to inadvertently worsen the appearance of the blood vessels due to pressure on the vessels from the filler. Be sure to ask about your concern with the vessels when discussing filler options and expectations for results and ask about options for improving the appearance of those blood vessels as well. 

San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

This should not be an issue. But always best to be seen in person by a expert filler doctor in your area/city.//

Broken blood vessels at time of filler

+1

You can absolutely have filler done with those vessels there.  If the vessels bother you they can be easily lasered off (with a pulsed dye laser such as the V-beam or with a KTP laser) but they do not pose a contraindication for filler treatment. If you bruise easily, you may want to consider avoiding blood thinners (such as aspirin or motrin) up to two weeks prior to your filler treatment. 

Laurie Jacobson, MD
Seattle Dermatologist

Are These Broken Capillaries an Obstacle in Getting Filler to Fix the Nasolabial Folds?

+1

They indeed might get worse and no one can promise otherwise however, a deeper place temporary filler (Juvederm is injected more superficially and might have a greater impact on the telangectasia) like Perlane should be considered.  I prefer using Perlane for the NLF' and cheek augmentation.

Fillers and broken blood vessels

+1

It does not appear from the photo that the broken blood vessels would cause an issue with getting fillers. If the broken blood vessels bother you, laser is an elegant solution to reducing the appearance of them.

Omar Ibrahimi, MD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon

Broken capillaries and fillers

+1

I think it is ok to use fillers and have broken capillaries near the nostril rim.  I use lasers in my office to treat the spider veins on the nose  the fillers should have no impact.

Broken capillaries and fillers

+1

Filler injections to the nasolabial folds will not affect your broken capillaries, so not to worry. In my office I treat these capillaries with electrocautery, even though we have several lasers that work quite well for this too. Electrocautery is quite effective, doesn't scar when done properly, and is a fraction of the cost for my patients. Usually only one treatment is all that is necessary.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Nasolabial fold injection with filler and veins on nares

+1

The spider veins on the nares do not pose a technical challenge and have nothing to so with facial fillers,. These can be successfully treated by topical lasers and may require several treatments. 

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Dilated vessels around nose are no problem for filler (Juvederm)

+1

The enlarged vessels around the nose pose no problem whatsoever for using filler in the nasolabial folds.  You might consider treating these very easily with the VBeam laser, 1-2 treatments will significantly improve them.  Steve Weiner, MD, Destin, Florida

Steven F. Weiner, MD