I Have Broken Capillaries on my Face but Also Have an AICD. Is There a Procedure I Could Do with my Device? Any Suggestions?

Treating Broken Capillaries on my Face

+1

Thank you for your question. I have only found face capillaries to respond to laser or IPL.  A V-Beam, 1064, or IPL work well. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

VBeam or Pulsed Dye Laser is safe with AICD

+1

V Beam or Pulsed Dye Laser is the best option for broken capillaries on the face.  Fortunately it is perfectly safe to use in someone with AICD (pacemakers and defibrillators) as no electric current is used.  One must be cautious though if you are on blood thinners, as these will increase your risk for bruising and complications. 

Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon

AICD and facial capillaries

+1

If you are on warfarin (coumadin) while having an AICD, I do not recommend topical lasers but rather IPL. If you have an AICD alone (no coumadin or plavix or aspirin) - which is unlikely, it is safe to have IPL or topical lasers safely - they will not activate your AICD. Typically, as a cardiac patient, you will be on aspirin or plavix and topical laser can cause bleeding and laser may not be the best treatment for you. You may have to live with these capillaries.

Web reference: http://www.AdvanceYourBeauty.com

Buffalo General Surgeon