Broken Capillaries and Laser Resurfacing?

I have a few benign lesions on my nose, however there are broken capillaries surrounding it. It can be resurfaced, but is this a good idea since there are broken capillaries?

Laser and Broken Capillaries

+2

Broken capillaries are actually treated very effectively with laser treatments.  So, the presence of the capillaries should not be a reason not to have your laser treatments.  I would suggest talking with your doctor to make sure you are having the appropriate laser treatment for your lesions.

Good Luck.

Broken capillaries

+2

Broken capillaries can  be treated with may types of lasers that are non-ablative and can work very well.

Broken capillaries

+2
There are several very good lasers to treat broken capillaries and so this broken capillary issue should not be a problem. Check with your dermatologist however before beginning treatment with resurfacing just to be sure that they have 1 of these vascular lasers available

Shawn Allen, MD
Boulder Dermatologist

Laser resurfacing and treatment of capillaries

+2

I would probably recommend resurfacing with a pulsed dye laser at the same time. This way the resurfacing laser could be used to remove the benign lesions on the nose and the pulsed dye laser would help reduce or eradicate the unwanted blood vessels.  It is usually safe to have both of these lasers done in the same area of the face in the same treatment session. Good luck. 

Jason R. Lupton, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Broken capillaries

+1

These should not cause any problems and may actually improve with laser resurfacing. If they do not, you can always follow up with a pulsed dye laser for the capillaries.

Todd C. Becker, MD, PhD
Boulder Dermatologist

Laser skin resurfacing and broken capillaries

+1

If you have broken capillaries on your face, I would treat the skin with the pulsed dye laser before and after laser skin resurfacing. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Broken Capillaries & Laser Skin Resurfacing

+1

Because you haven’t provided photos, it’s difficult to say whether or not laser skin resurfacing is helpful for you. However, treatment with the V-Beam laser is very efficient for most patients experiencing broken capillaries on the face and nose.  A combination of both treatments can be performed in the very same office visit if your doctor has the correct lasers. 

Richard Fitzpatrick, MD (in memoriam)
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser treatment for broken capillaries

+1

Broken capillaries are well treated with e.g. broad band light/IPL technology.  Resurfacing lasers can be used for improving skin texture, and can in fact be combined with BBL therapy.

Anatoli Freiman, MD
Toronto Dermatologist

Broken Capillaries on Face

+1

I would typically perform a BBL Fotofacial to improve any brown spots or broken capillaries prior to performing a resurfacing in your case.  Most patients will benefit significantly from BBL with or without resurfacing but in your case the broken capillaries should not preclude you from having resurfacing performed just be aware that the resurfacing alone may not resolve the issue with the capillaries.

Best Regards,

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD
Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon