I had a mole shaved off of my lower back. Silver nitrate was used to stop the bleeding. Is this normal? (photo)

It is red and deep purple. I am experiencing a minor burning sensation when sweat or air hits the area, is this normal? What should I be looking for? I was not told to apply any ointment, should I be doing so?

Silver nitrate can turn tissue black

+1
It is normal to have discoloration after use of silver nitrate.  This color change will go away after some time.  The burning sensation is possibly because the wound is still healing.  You should see your doctor and discuss this.  There is always a chance of an infection or other problem which should be addresses before assuming it it simply the healing process.

Claremont Plastic Surgeon