How Do I Know if I Broke or Permently Damaged my Nose?

I hit my nose hard on my cousins forehead. IT bled quiet alot but after i tilted my head back a bit, it stoped. i is swollen and i can sleep without it keeping me up. my aunt applied pressure to it and even though it hurt, it was bareable. there is a smallpoint that is reach out but just BARELY to the side. it feels like there is a very very slight pressure on it .

Bleeding and Changes after Nasal Trauma

+1

Swelling can cause the pressure you describe. You should be examined by anasal specialist to make sure there is no hematoma (a collection of blood) which could destroy septal cartilage.

Is my nose broken?

+1

It is impossible to tell based on the description whether you broke your nose or not. I would recommend seeing a Facial Plastic Surgeon for further evaluation. If your nose was injured within two weeks it is often possible to "reset" the nose without surgery. If it has been longer than a couple of weeks you might require surgery to repair any damage. I hope this is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon