I Broke my Nose Several Years Ago

I broke my nose several years ago which resulted in a bump at the top of my nose. I have been to see an ENT and a plastic surgeon and need to have Septoplasty and open Rhinoplasty. I am getting married in 4 months and dont know if this is enough time to heal properly. I dont want a swollen nose for my wedding pictures either! I am so confused! please advise!

Rhinoplasty and My Upcoming Wedding

+2

Considering a major facial change with one of the most important dates in your life just ahead would give anyone pause for thought. While it is true that most of the swelling and bruising will be gone within a month after a major septorhinoplasty procedure, be aware that the breathing, congestion and feeling of the nose will take longer to return to normal. Plus there will be so many things for you to do and worry about for your wedding in these final months that will give you a lot of stress. Therefore, I would only do your rhinoplasty prior to your wedding if you feel that it will make you look and breathe better for this important event. If it is not critical to how you make look in your wedding pictures, you may be better off and wait. You can always do you nose surgery, your wedding will only occur one time and on this very specific date.

RHINOPLASTY NOW OR LATER

+2

You are definitely getting down to the wire.  If it is important for you to have the procedure before the wedding get it done ASAP.  Otherwise wait until after the wedding.  No one will be able to guarantee how much swelling will remain after just four months.

Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Final Result after Open Rhinoplasty

+2

It will take 1 year to see the final result after your open Rhinoplasty. Having said that, consult with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon because the answer to your question  will depend on exactly what is done during the operation and your physical characteristics such as the thickness of your skin. We see many people in the entertainment business whose success depends on their appearance; in 35 years i've never seen a patient who could not be in front of  the camera 3-4 weeks after surgery.

Rhinoplasty swelling

+2

Good Question

1. Swelling may last for up to a year.  It won't be disfigured, but will have mild to moderate edema
  2. If you are considering this surgery and your wedding is in 4 months do it ASAP, or wait until after the wedding
  3. If you are unfortunate enough to suffer a complication (rare), this will likely be difficult to address prior to your wedding day
  4. If you are the anxious and conservative type, like most, wait until after the nuptials

Good luck and Congrats!!

Final results of rhinoplasty take a year, however improvements noticed right away

+2

In general, the final results after rhinoplasty take about a year to be realized. However, there is a good chance that although your nose may be slightly swollen it will still look excellent. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon and weigh the pros and cons. If you are going to go ahead, you should do it soon and give yourself as much time as possible to heal. Good luck and congratulations.

Web reference: http://www.8west.ca/resources/rhinoplasty-resources/

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty before the wedding?

+2

If you were to go to an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon you might be able to have it done in enough time though it will still be slightly swollen in that time, but with a better shape. Or you can wait until after the wedding if you don't want to take a chance. It depends on the surgeon as well as how you heal.

Septoplasty and rhinoplasty 4 months before wedding

+1

A septoplasty is performed to correct a deviated septum that is congenital or is the result from a fracture. The septoplasty is done for functional and breathing reasons. The rhinoplasty procedure is done for cosmetic purposes. Most patients are able to return to work or social activities within a few weeks after the surgery. Four months is certainly an acceptable time before any large social event and it is acceptable to undergo the procedure.  

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com