Broke my nose had it put in place 11 days after the break spent a great chunk of $$ and not happy still?

i had a closed reduction about 2 weeks ago i broke my nose during undiagnosed seizure and didnt know i broke it until 6 days later when i found out i was very upset i knew it was broke it looked different but wasnt sure cause my nose already goes a little to the left i woke up with a bump to the left and swelling on the right well when i had the reduction i was expecting it to be straight but it looks almost the same and a bump on the bridge now too :( is this something that is permanent? :(

Broken nose

+1
I tell most patients that have a closed reduction of a nasal fracture that they may need secondary rhinoplasty at around 6 months after the injury if significant improvement is not achieved. Donald R. Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Broken Nose Repair and Early Healing

+1

At 2 weeks out, there is still a moderate amount of swelling and tissue distortion that makes it difficult to accurately make an assessment of the outcome. Hopefully with time you will begin to see more improvement in terms of the overall shape. Up until 8 weeks out from surgery like this, nasal exercises (pushing on the bones) can be employed to help further reshape the nose. But this should only be done with guidance and input from your rhinoplasty surgeon.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

The closed reduction may not produce the result you want, but you are very early after the procedure. I would follow with your surgeon at this point. You can assess the need for revision in the future. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA