Broke my Nose in Basketball. What Do I Do?

So i had a normal nose that i loved until i got hit in the nose with a basketball couple of years ago that's when i got a bump on my nose and as time went on it just got worst. Then just like 7 months ago i got elbowed while playing basketball and my nose has been crooked to the left side since then. I'm 15 and i don't know what the options for me are. Also i was wondering how much would fixing my nose back to its normal state would cost and will insurance cover this cost.

Rhinoplasty at young age

Thank you for your inquiry!

Given your young age and the likelihood that your nose will be traumatized during your activities, I would recommend that you let your nose reach its full development before attempting to fix it.
When time comes, a rhinoplasty can easily improve the way your nose looks to complement your facial features in a natural fashion. However, without a physical examination it is not possible to provide you with specific details.

It is important to mention that the finest cosmetic results in any particular case are based on a variety of factors, including: the unique anatomy of the patient, realistic expectations, a well-informed and detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon concerning the best options for you especially covering a deep understanding of the pros and cons of any given choice you will adopt.

Please keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon online who offers to tell you what to do without a physical examination covering the nature and the status of the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative solution would not be in your best interest. With that in mind, it is the safest and for your best interest to find a plastic surgeon with solid experience and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons that you will trust and be comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Good luck!!!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS