I broke my nose and now have a bump on the top part. Is it swelling or will I have to go for surgery?

I broke my nose I have a bump on the top part I wonder is this swelling or wil I have to go for surgery?

Broken nose now of a bump on the bridge

+1
When the nose is broken, trauma to the bony/cartilaginous junction creates a callus formation or hump. The only way this hump can be removed is with surgery by filing it down. Typically, the hump is composed of both bone and cartilage. If the hump is still present 2 months after the procedure,  most likely the swelling has subsided and this will be a permanent hump.

+1
You should really be examined by a surgeon experienced in rhinoplasty.

Bump on top of nose after injury

+1
If the trauma to your nose occurred recently, it is possible that the bump you see could be swelling.  There is no way to know for sure without having your nose examined.  I would recommend seeing an ENT surgeon to have your nose evaluated and determine if you might need surgery or not.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon