Broad Nose with Bump - Needle or Knife? (photo)

I have a pretty broad nose that I would only be able to describe as triangle-shaped. I also have a bump on my bridge which makes it look even larger, especially from the side view. I'm considering getting an injectable nose job but would this be suitable for me? I find that my nose is large from all views so would a filler make it look even bigger or would full surgery suit me best? Thank you in advance!

Knife

+1

For you, the profile could be straightened with filler, but overall the size of the nose would be better addressed with a surgical rhinoplasty. Attempting to make your nose look more narrow by buidling it up with filler will cause it to look larger overall.

Injectable Rhinoplasty has Pros and Cons

+1
Injectable rhinoplasty is generally more cost friendly than traditional procedures, however, the results may not be as long lasting. There is less ability in a 'liquid rhinoplasty' to improve structure and precise shape, however, injectables are quicker with less down time.

Robert Mounsey, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

‚ÄčNonsurgical Nose Jobs Can Impart the Appearance Of A Slimmer Nose

+1

Of course, there is no substitute for an upfront and personal examination and palpation of the nose to determine the best course of action. But, there is no question that nonsurgical nose jobs can work well for bumps and humps of the nasal bridge andt can sometimes contribute to the overall appearance of a more tapered nose.

I have been performing these procedures for well more than a decade and have found nonsurgical nose jobs quite effective for lifting droopy nasal tips and straightening humps, bumps, and depressions along the bridge and top of the nose. Not uncommonly, simply injecting the appropriate volume to the bridge area to straighten it is also enough to give a secondary aesthetically satisfactory lift to the rest of the nose. If necessary, to confirm this before proceeding, a small amount of salt solution or dilute local anesthetic can be injected as a test into the appropriate areas of the nose to confirm this. Before launching into more aggressive surgery, with its attendant "knife" and downtime, this approach might offer a simpler first step.

As an addendum, the side view in the mirror suggests that there is an imbalance in the degree of chin projection relative to that of the nose. Nonsurgical chin augmentation (which also takes only minutes to perform) using Radiesse combined with Perlane L would in my estimation make a significant contribution to correcting this imbalance in profile. This, too, only takes five minutes to perform and typically garners an immediatee "Wow!" response by patients.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Rhinoplasty and chin implant candidate

+1

Injecting fillers into the nose will only make the nose bigger and more projecting. Surgery to reduce the overall projection of the nose and hump along with increase in the projection of the chin with an implant would help with facial balance. Please see the link below for examples

Rhinoplasty & Chin Implant

+1

A reduction rhinoplasty and chin implant would put your nose into better proportion on your face. A non-surgical rhinoplasty would only help to smooth the dorsum. Surgery is a better option for your. Best wishes.

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon