Brite Smile Recovery

How much downtime can I expect after having Brite Smile? Will I need to avoid eating/drinking for a certain period of time? Or will I experience any pain or sensitivity after?

Zingers, sensitivity, discomfort, pain with teeth whitening

+1

Many patients have no sensitivity after an in-office whitening treatment.  There are several steps we can take in advance of the procedure to help minimize any post-procedure sensitivity.  However, a small percentage of patients are prone to have "zingers" (when you have one, you know why it's called that :-).  At worst, these patients can expect this sporadic reaction will not last more than 12 hours and usually a prescription pain med will easily get you through it.  Results are usually very significant and more than justify any sensitivity in the short term.  No known long-term side effects.

Mandeville Cosmetic Dentist

How to manage post op sensitivity from brite smile

+1

Wtih the brite smile procedure and other bleaching procedures we have a few tricks to minimize post op problems

1. If trays are provided then wear sensodyne toothpaste or prevident sensitive 30 min a night 2 days before and then a couple hours before the procedure to get maximum sensitivity protection

2. Take 600 mg ibuprofen 2 hours before procedure to premedicate 

3. The bleaching will dehydrate the teeth and sensitivity will occur, but wearing trays directly after with a desensitizing agent will minimize pain (as soon as the teeth rehydrate the problems will subside)

4. You may also want to brush with sensitive toothpaste up to 2 weeks prior to procedure

Wichita Cosmetic Dentist

Britesmile recovery is usually uneventful

+1

Most people report little to zero discomfort from the Britesmile treatment, and those that do experience it can manage with just over-the-counter medication.  Initially after treatment the teeth are more prone to stain, so for a few days avoid foods that would stain a white shirt (coffee, colas, red wine, etc).

You should not miss any work at all...

Web reference: http://www.bestSeattleDentist.com

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.