Is 50 units of Bocouture too much?

I just had botox from a plastic surgeon in Milan, Italy, and he used 50 units. I had around my eyes and my forehead done. I paid 800 euro....which seems too much!

Dr. Kimberly Henry

+1

Hello, thank you for your question! Actually, since there are 25 units in one syringe of botox, 50 units is not too much for most people who have active muscle movements. I use between one to two syringes on most of my clients, depending on their desired look and muscle use. Prices vary from different locations, and since you had it done in a different country altogether, I would suggest looking up online the typical prices in their currency for that procedure to compare.

Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

Is 50 units of Bocouture too much?

+1

Depending on how strong your muscle movement is and if thats a look you want to achieve,(Frozen) this may be reasonable.

Is 50 units of Botox too much?

+1

50 units of Botox to treat the forehead and around the eyes is not an unreasonable amount to use for both those areas. 800 euros is probably more than you would have paid in the U.S. for the same amount, but the costs are going to vary by injector.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon