I had breast augm 3 days ago. 520cc, and I'm unhappy with nipple placement. What can I do? (Photo)

Do I need to get a breast lift to deal with this situation? Do I need to get my breasts redone? What do I do to fix this? I'm pretty upset.

Early postoperative recovery after breast augmentation

+2
Hi. It is very early days - it is possible that your dressings under your breasts may be causing this difference. Your breasts will change for at least 3 months after the operation (sometimes up to 12 months), and your implants are likely to down a little over this time and your breasts change shape. It is normal for one breast to go a little faster than the other in terms of settling down after the operation. Try to be patient at this stage and wait until all the postoperative changes have finished before assessing things

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Early healing after breast augmentation

+2
Be patient. You are only 3 days post op. There is a very good chance that your implants will settle and soften over the next 3 months and you will be completely happy with the results. As the implants settle, the nipple position will appear to be higher. You will not need a breast lift and you will probably not need a revision. 

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

If you were perfect 3 days out from surgery,

+2
you wouldn't be so happy 3 months later as implants settle unless you have textured anatomic implants.  But what you have is very common in my experience with use of smooth round implants.  Your surgeon does not want that as your final result so work with your surgeon to achieve your best possible result.

Curtis Wong, MD

Questions about breast aug result in early post-op period?

+2
It is always best to discuss your concerns with your surgeon in the early post-op period.  He or she is best equipped to give you the advice you need during this critical period.  That said, your nipple is likely to ;look higher as the implant settles.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD

Breast augmentation

+2
It would have been nice to see pre-op photos and look at the position of the nipple. If it was in a good position, then more than likely as the implants settle, they will be ok. If they were low to begin with, then you might need a lift.

I had breast augm 3 days ago. 520cc, and I'm unhappy with nipple placement. What can I do?

+2
Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. It is much too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed. Best to do so approximately 6 months after it was performed. Often, as breast implants “settle”, the nipple/areola complexes appear higher on the breast mounds. At this point, continued patience and close follow-up with your plastic surgeon are your “best friends”. Best wishes.

3 days post op

+2
You are 3 days post op. I would caution you that making any judgement whatsoever about your final result 3 days after the placement of implants is extremely premature. You will not see your final result for at least 3-6 months. Stay in touch with your surgeon.

Lee E. Corbett, MD

+2
It is really earli to be unhappy with your results the breast augmentation like any other surgery has a healing process, your implants haven't drop yet it would take up to 3 to 4 weeks or more it different for each patient. Discuss your consent with you surgeon. Be patience

Mel T. Ortega, MD

3 days after surgery

+1
at three days the main treatment is time.  You will be happy to learn that you shape will change significantly in the next few months.  Try and be patient for now. Good luck

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

Nipple position

+1
Thanks for your question and for the posted photo.  A before photo would have been helpful in predicting a final outcome.

Early on after surgery is not a great time to evaluate results, as the implants are often "high riding" creating an upper pole bulge, incomplete filling of the lower pole, and the sense of nipples and areolas that seem too low. With time, as the pectoral muscles relax to accommodate the implants, those issues resolve. Allow 3 to 6 months, and do discuss this issue with your surgeon.

All the best.