Can I Bring in a Picture of Someone with Facial Shape That I Like and Ask the Surgeon if He Can Work with It?

I really do not like my facial shape. If I bring in a picture or two of the facial shape that I want/like to the surgeon, can he help me get close to it. Can I do this?

Bring in your picture!

+1

The answer is absolutely yes!  And, you may not be able to achieve that result, though you may get as close to that goal as your anatomy allows.

Just like going to the hair salon, bringing in a picture of the results you wish to receive is appropriate at most plastic surgeon’s offices. We have patients come into our office all the time looking to add volume to the face, remove excess skin around the chin and neck, or decrease the roundness of their face.  Realistic expectations are key, and the most important decision is who your facial artist is.

If you’re looking to change your face shape by smoothing back sagging skin, a facelift may be right for you. If you’re looking to add volume to your face, various filler injections, including permanent options, are available.  To decrease the roundness of a face, sometimes botox can be used to lessen the size of the masseter muscle with significant results.

All of this can be done in the office without the use of general anesthesia.
The most important decision you make is the artist who treats you, as many providers offer facial rejuvenation procedures, however few are experts at achieving artistic results.  Don’t settle for less when it comes to your face.  Feel free to connect with one of our Patient Care Coordinators or message us on our realself homepage to learn more.

Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Expectations for facial shape

+1

Bring in a picture of your desired facial shape may be a start but it would be no guaranty that your expectations can be met.  

Working with it and accomplishing it are two different things.

+1

I have a colleague who has a policy of rejecting any potential patient who brings in pictures of their pet that they want to be made to look more like.  Here is the reality:  Surgeons are really bad at making people look more like that of a celebrity.  There are many reasons for that.  Now what can be useful, it to look at these pictures and try to determine what things about that particular face you like.  The issue is how will you feel if your surgeon is only able to use the images to improve features not actually transform your appearance?

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.