Bright Yellow Drainage After Tumscent Liposuction

I had tumescent liposuction a week ago and I drained out a lot of fluids but just yesterday it turned all bright yellow? I'm super swollen and itchy, not bruised at all tho....

Drainage after Lipsuction

+1

My patients in general have about 48 hours of drainage and then everything stops.  I am a bit concerned that you still are very swollen and have drainage one week out from surgery.

I would address this with your plastic surgeon.

Good luck.

Drainage after liposuction

+1

There is commonly drainage after liposuction for 2 to 4 days depending on the amount of lposuction that is performed.  Using your compression graments will help decrease swelling and thus decrease the drainage.  Benadryl is fine for itching but do not scratch and damage the skin.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Drainage after liposuction

+1

Drainage is common after liposuction for the first day or two. The fluid can be yellowish or red than pink or even clear, but if it is still draining a week later, you should see your physician. You want to make sure there is no infection.

Ronald Shelton, MD