Bridge too wide after revision rhino, don't think it will change once the swelling goes. Solutions? (photo)

I just had a revision rhino 8 days back. The issue I had initially was only the bump on my bridge. Loved it initially but a couple of months back I started noticing the bump again (it was an open procedure, no osteotomies) noticed a new issue, the tip was drooping slightly. Revision rhino takes place 6 months later (open procedure no osteomosis) bump filed down, tip pulled back a bit by a mm , & trimmed slightly from the sides. HATING the wide bridge, so upset, getting married soon, solutions?

Bridge too wide after revision rhinoplasty?

+1

8 days is still very soon after rhinoplasty, and you will be experiencing swelling that will affect the appearance of your final result. It can take up to 18-24 months to see the final result of your surgery, and the nose will continue to change as you heal. In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. I would recommend following up with your surgeon, as he/she knows the extent of your procedure and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Bridge too wide after revision rhino, don't think it will change once the swelling goes. Solutions?

+1

It is just too early to tell at 8 days.

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.