Bridge Still High After Rhinoplasty (photo)

Thank you for helping. I've had my rhino7weeks ago: tip to define and bridge little too pronounced and projected with little bump. The tip is now great,and the little bump on the bridge is almost gone.Thing is that my Dr.,which I like,has left the bridge pretty high/projected,when I made sure I've asked to create a depression of it to have a softer line instead of straight,like waive. I desired my nose job for years.I am not that happy with it and I can't afford a revision. How to talk to my Dr?

You appear to have a nice result, 7 weeks after Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+2

I read your concerns and reviewed your photo:

From an aesthetic standpoint, your bridge is not too high. Plus, there is likely swelling of your bridge that will continue to dissipate over the ensuing weeks and months.

Significant lowering your bridge would necessitate another operation, and this may lead to a less masculine appearance.

Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bridge may be high, but give it a year

+2

The nasal bridge in your photo is straight, though overall the result looks quite well, and things can change up to a year. You really should give it more time before you judge.

Rhinoplasty results take ! year.

+2

Rhinoplasty results take ! year. Be patient and the swelling will go down over time and you will be happy with the results.

High appearing bridge may be due to low radix

+2

The residual bump and the apparent high bridge may be related to the fact that you have a low radix, such as in the link below.  This may be correctable with an injection as opposed to a surgical revision.

Sam Naficy, MD

Nasal Bridge High after Rhinoplasty

+1

You should tell your surgeon exactly what you said to us. Your final result will evolve as healing progresses. At this point all you can do is communicate with your surgeon and be patient.