Bridge Still Feels Uncomfortable?

The permanent dental bridge came back feeling exactly the same. Still feels bulky, tight and teeth touch when I bite down. Dentist is having bridge remade but I am not sure what needs to be done to correct the fit now?

When you have an uncomfortable bridge

+1

It is important to keep in mind how much time you had no teeth in that area; if your teeth have been missing for a long time there is a chance that for the first 3 days you will feel the dental piece a bit bulky. However, if more than 3 days have passed, then ask your dentist to redo that bridge. Sometimes the preparation has not been the proper one and this type of situations can occur. I believe redoing it is the best option for your case. Good luck!

Mexico Cosmetic Dentist

Uncomfortable Bridge

+1

It's great to hear that your dentist is going to have the lab remake the bridge and is not settling. I could suggest that instead of just repeating the same process, if the temporary bridge that you are wearing fells comfortable, perhaps your dentist should take an impression of it and send it to the lab. The lab could then use the study model as a template and guide to create the permanent bridge.  

Peter Rinaldi, DMD
Washington Cosmetic Dentist

Bridge Still Feels Uncomfortable?

+1

Give your dentist an opportunity to make any necessary adjustments.  Oftentimes several adjustments could be necessary until things finally calm down.  If you dentist is having the bridge remade then he obviously found that the quality of the lab work (i.e. making the bridge by the lab) was not up to his standards.  This is a good thing.  You could have the best dentist in the world, but if the lab did not make the crown or bridge correctly, the end result won't be right.  Be patient with your dentist, I'm sure he cares for you and wants everything to be right.  This may take time to get the bridge made right, to fine tune your bite until everything is completely even, and then some time on top of all that for the nerves in your teeth and jaw to calm down and everything to be comfortable.

Norman Huefner, DDS
Laguna Niguel Cosmetic Dentist

Bridge still uncomfortable

+1

The bite and bulk can be adjusted in the mouth.  You may want to consider trial cementation of the bridge before it is permanently cemented.

Ira Shapira, DDS
Lake Forest Cosmetic Dentist