Bridge Too Low After Septoplasty: Would Rib Graft and Septal Cartilage Work in a Revision?

How do I check if i have septal cartilage left in my nose? My nose was reduced significantly but does that mean the septal cartilage was removed as well? I also had a septoplasty + nose shortened. No graft were used on bridge.

The problem is I think my bridge is a bit low. Now to raise it and restore it to the original structure, would is be possible to use a rib graft for the upper third of the nose and septal cartilage for the lower third and tip? Would my nose feel stiff or natural this way?

No fillers please.

Bridge to low

+1

You have a little saddling over your septum. This can easily be managed with an onlay graft of septal cartilage if you have not had a major septal resection. Your surgeon is best qualified to know what was left behind. If you don't have enough then an ear graft would be my next choice. I usually reserve rib harvest for more major reconstructions.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bridge to low after previous rhinoplasty

+1

Thanks fo rsharing your photos. As you knw you would have to be seen in persn to evaluate your nose to see what cartilage  remains after your septo/rhinoplasty.  You want to increase the height of your nose across the bridge towrd the radix. Standard grating techniques to do this include septal cartilage, ear cartilage, rib cartilage. Less common approaches include acellular dermal matrix, fat, and injectables. The  story is not all in regarding these procedures. Some people are using a pds plate or silicone sheet for this problem as well. Again the long term results on these is still not available.
.In any event, you need to be seen in  person  by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to assist you in making a decision as to what is best for you. I hope that this is helpful for you . Jon Sattler, MD Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Glendora, California.

Glendora Plastic Surgeon

Low bridge after prior nasal surgery

+1

The depressed area of your bridge could be improved with a cartilage graft. If you've had a prior septoplasty you may not have enough cartilage there to harvest. Rib or ear cartilage are other possibilities. Ear may be fine if you don't need to change the structural support of your nose otherwise.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/rhinoplasty