Bridge of nose is wider after 2 and half months of rhinoplasty?

I am 20 years old and had a nose job on august 16th.  I am aware the swelling is common and can last up to a year but my bridge of my nose is wider and feels like my bones are wide as well, i dont see how this could be swelling. The tip is enlarged but i know that takes the longest but i have no idea why my nose is wider and i have no definition to my nose. I went into surgery getting my nose made more narrow and making the side profile smaller. The side profile looks pretty good but my nose is SO WIDE. is this normal ? why does it feel like bone? any suggestions because i am freaking out. Please if anyone has a similar situation that ended up working out  that would really help me. 

Wide nose after rhinoplasty

+2

It's difficult to tell without seeing photos, but if you are referring to the width of the upper third of your nose, that could be related to osteotomies, or more specifically, a lack thereof. To explain, the nasal bridge is shaped like the roof of a house. When a hump is removed, it can leave an "open roof". To close the open roof, small cuts in the bones are made called osteotomies to bring the bones inward. If the osteotomies are not done enough or not done completely, the bridge can be wide after the hump is removed. Then again, some of it may be related to swelling. Perhaps you can consider submitting your question again with photos. Also, you should express your concern to your surgeon as he/she will be best equipped to answer them. Good luck.

+1

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Nose is wider after rhinoplasty

+1

The problem you have might be related to the way the cut in the bone (osteotomy) was completed. As the hump is reduced much like the top of the letter A is taken off the dorsum or 'roof' can be opened and widened unless an osteotomy closes the gap. See your surgeon and have him tell you what to expect.