The Bridge of my Nose Looks Thicker on the Left Than on the Right!!!

I am a hispanic pt. 7 weeks post open rhinoplasty and the bridge of my nose looks thicker on the left side making it seem not centered..and also it makes my nostril or alar? on the right side more visible could this still be considered swelling??

Asymmetric swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

At only 7 weeks from surgery you have quite a bit of healing still ahead. I tell patients that the nasal swelling improves over the course of about 1 year. Even past 1 year there are often further subtle changes that occur, depending on the patient and what was done.

Give it time and discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Asymmetric Bridge 7 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

Swelling is always present 7 weeks after surgery and is frequently asymmetric. Share your observations with your surgeon.

Seven weeks post rhinoplasty

+1

At seven weeks you are way to early to really get a good assessment of things. There is still way too much swelling.  Give it at least a year before considering any revisions.

What is Normal after Rhinoplasty - Be Patient

+1

The most important thing I tell my rhinoplasty patients is the it will TAKE AT LEAST ONE YEAR TO SEE THE FINAL RESULT AND OFTEN MUCH  LONGER IN THICKER SKIN OR REVISION RHINPLASTY patients.   Please be patient, it is entirely normal to have asymmetric swelling which will change over time .   Please consult with your surgeon as he/she will tell you exactly what is going on since they did your surgery . 

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Uneven result after rhinoplasty

+1

Yes it could still be swellingand could be aggravated by positional probmens but you should contact your surgeon.

Uneven nasal bridge.

+1

7 wks after rhinoplasty is too early to tell because there is a fair amount of swelling remaining. As the swelling continues to go down, this issue may improve or get worse depending on whether it is cartilage or bone.

Patience is the best treatment at this early stage.

Dr Siegel

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon