Can Bridge Be Narrowed with a Closed Procedure?

My bridge may need narrowed and slight pollybeak fixed ( still swollen from primary so jury still out) can this be done with closed procedure?

Narrowing Bridge

+1

Without a consultation, it is difficult to say what the best route would be for narrowing your bridge, but a closed procedure may be an option for you. I recommend visiting a revision rhinoplasty expert and waiting at least one year from the primary rhinoplasty procedure before seeking a revision.

Bridge narrowing can be done with closed rhinoplasty

+1

This can be done with closed rhinoplasty. I would recommend that you wait until at least one year until having any revision surgery, and I would advise you to communicate your concerns with your surgeon. 

-Dr. Zoumalan

Richard A. Zoumalan, MD

+1

Technically yes, the bridge can be narrowed and scar tissue removed with a closed revision Rhinoplasty...the real question is should that be done and when?

Can a bridge be narrowed with a closed procedure?

+1

The bridge of the nose can be made narrower through a closed rhinoplasty, and an in-person exam would be necessary to determine whether your desired goals can be reached through a closed surgery. Every patient is different and may require an individualized approach. With a closed rhinoplasty, you may experience the following:

1) Less swelling

2) The final result may be evident sooner

Thank you and good luck.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

I perform hundreds of closed rhinoplasties, and a revision for these issues is not particularly challenging.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Closed endonasal rhinoplasty

+1
I would recommend a consultation with a revision rhinoplasty expert but yes, both narrowing of the bridge and reduction of the pollybeak may be done with a closed endonasal technique.  There is no substitution for an in person examination, especially in a revision case. 

Anurag Agarwal, MD
Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can the bridge be narrowed with a closed procedure?

+1

Your bridge can be narrowed with a closed procedure. However, I would recommend waiting around one year before considering a revision, as the swelling will need to resolve. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Closed rhinoplasty

+1

A closed rhinoplasty could narrow the nasal bones with osteotomies. A slight polybeak can be addressed with a combination of cortisone shots and shave excision of the cartilage dorsum or thinning out scar tissue in that area.  It is best to wait at least a year before undergoing a revision rhinoplasty. Please see our closed rhinoplasty photo gallery on the link below

Closed rhinoplasty

+1

It can be done with the closed technique. You should have a consultation with a terrific nose surgeon who can examine and determine what needs to be done. Good luck

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Narrowing nose with endonasal rhinoplasty

+1

The bridge of your nose can be narrowed with a closed procedure, but if you still have significant swelling from the primary procedure you may want to wait until this has resolved.  You may find the bridge and middle vault also narrow as the swelling subsides.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD