Does Having a Bridge Increase the Cost of Braces?

Does having a bridge in my lower jaw complicate the procedure and cost for braces? How do they work with or around my bridge situation.

Bridges and braces

+1

Having a bridge usually does not increase the cost of braces.  In some cases it is necessary to section the bridge and reduce it to two independent teeth.  If this is necessary, a new bridge or an implant would needed after orthodontics and thus would entail another expense.

Seattle Orthodontist

Does a bridge increase the cost of braces?

+1

Although working around a bridge is more difficult it does not increase the cost of braces.  Invisalign makes treating patients with bridges much easier .... check to see if your case could be done with aligners!

Robert Waxler, DMD, MS
Saint Louis Orthodontist