Bridge or Implant For Missing Tooth?

My middle tooth is missing due to a long back accident. I decided to go for a bridge option and underwent a root canal treatment on two adjacent teeth. Now before getting the teeth trimmed, I am thinking of an implant as the size of the adjacent teeth would be small and I heard that bridges dont last. So what should I do now? If I go for an implant, will my adjacent teeth discolor after sometime as RCT is already done? Will proceeding with the bridge be a better option? please someone help!

Implant vs, bridge

+1

if you are not convinced of implants, go for a bridge,that way you will have a prompt solution,and you will make them look even,shape, size and color

Web reference: http://www.cancundental.com

Mexico Cosmetic Dentist

Implants or bridge for open space

+1

There are very few situations where I would prefer a bridge over an implant unless cost is the limiting factor. An implant helps maintain the health of the bone in that area and does not require grinding down of the adjacent teeth. If the adjacent teeth require crowns then a bridge becomes a close second ( because it is less costly) but the better option would still be an implant in the empty space and individual crowns on the other teeth. You still have an option to do the implant and then place crowns on the teeth that have had root canals. If this is not in the budget then the bridge is still a long term predictable treatment option. 

Mississauga Cosmetic Dentist

Implant or fixed bridge?

+1

As a general rule if the teeth on either side of your space are in great shape I suggest an implant if the teeth are not in good shape I suggest the fixed bridge. In the latter case the bridge will solve three problems the missing tooth and the broken down adjacent teeth good luck

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD     CEO Baystate Dental PC

Springfield Cosmetic Dentist

Bridge or Implant For Missing Tooth?

+1

The trend right now is that most often a dental implant is preferred to be a longer-lasting option. But it is not always the best choice. In some cases, if the teeth next to the space need work as well the costs of fixing those teeth plus the implant can be far more expensive than fixing it with a bridge. 

To make sure you get a great result, visit an experienced cosmetic dentist. They can help you think through what will show, answer your questions about the root canal teeth darkening (some do, others don't at all), and how simple or difficult it will be to put in an implant.

Sometimes a bridge can be done much more quickly (you can see a sample of a bridge option in the before and after photos on my profile. In that situation, the space was not a good one for an implant. A bridge did make a great result).

Your personal dentist can help you answer this the best for you. DOn't go forward until you are clear on the pro's and con's of your options, and have chosen what fits best for you.

Web reference: http://www.scottgreenhalghdds.com/dental-implants.html

Denver Cosmetic Dentist

Bridge or Implant?

+1

Implant is more expensive and more time consuming but if you can afford it I will suggest to go for it. After doing root canals it is better to cover your teeth by placing caps on them. By placing a bridge if something happens to one of abutment teeth in future, you have to change the bridge again but by placing an implant, you will have three single crowns. If something happens to the crown, you do not need to change all crowns, also oral hygiene is easier and better when you have single crowns compare to a bridge.

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Bridge or implant

+1

In general, an implant provides better longevity. The molar will now still need a crown, the premolar will depend on a number of factors, including color.

Toronto Cosmetic Dentist

Bridge or Implant for Missing Tooth

+1

Good question. We face this one every week. The teeth with root canals should have crowns (or bridge) for proper support. The implant option would be the best treatment if handled skillfully. The only issue for a bridge for you might be loss of bone where the root used to be.  A bridge would be less expensive and faster completion. It can look great and last many years if placed by a skilled cosmetic dentist.  The implant and three crowns would be optimal if time and cost are not a factor to you. So, you have options. Both are OK. Hope this helps and good luck.

Memphis Cosmetic Dentist

Missing Tooth: Implant or Bridge

+1

There are many things you have to consider about these options.  Is there enough bone for an implant? How do the gums look? Is your smile high?  An implant IS a better long term solution if everything else is in order.  This should all be discussed prior to having any treatment started.  You can crown the teeth with root canals so they look the same as the implant crown (if you decide to proceed with the implant).  Good Luck!

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Bridge or implant for missing tooth?

+1

If your option its a dental implant your adjacent teeth dont have to be touched.

You wont need any root canal treatment, or do anything on adjacents.

If you choose a bridge its not necessary to make in all situations root canal therapy , but they have to be reduced to support it (its not a good option if your adjacent teeth are healty). About bridges, i have seen people with bridges and crowns in their mouths for more than 30 years.

Dominican Republic Cosmetic Dentist