Does Bridge and Tip Swelling Make Nostril Flare Appear Bigger?

I'm 3 weeks post op and I do expect there to be swelling especially in the bridge and tip. I had bridge and tip narrowed and alar base reduction, but I feel like my alar flare is still quite big and not much different from before. I have heard that with alar base reduction the result is immediate. So does that mean I can only expect my bridge and tip to be more defined eventually but my alar flare will still be big? Or does swelling in other parts of my nose also affect my nostrils?

Nostril Flare after Rhinoplasty

+1

If you had alar base reduction as part of your rhinoplasty, you do have swelling in the nostrils 3 weeks after your surgery which may give the illusion of nostril flare. Nothing in rhinoplasty surgery is "immediate". Be patient and give yourself time before judging your result.

Final nasal appearance

+1

Swelling after rhinoplasty is quite common.   It is difficult to say whether or not you ahve flare now because I have not examined you, but remember you probably are still swollen.