I Had a Breast Lift and Augmentation Together with a Tummy Tuck 2 Days Ago. My Breasts Are Killing Me is This Normal?

I still have my drains

Breast Augmentation with Tummy Tuck Pain

+1

Thank you for your question. Yes, this is normal, and take your pain medicine, and reduce your arm movement. You may be moving your arms too much as well. If you went to a large implant, this will cause more pain as well. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

My Breasts Are Killing Me

+1

Usually the abdomen is the more uncomfortable area after the surgery you have had. Without photos and more info, this is not a place to look for reassurance. 

Severe pain could be a sign of a problem such as hematoma, so a call to your surgeon is wiser than accepting reassurance from surgeons who have not followed your recovery. 

All the best. 

Pain 2 days after surgery

+1

Your pain should be manageable with the postoperative pain medications prescribed to you.  If you are still very uncomfortable, please call your PS for assistance.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Mommy Make Over - Recovery

+1

Hello. It is very early days after surgery and discomfort is unfortunately quite common. Important factors to report to your surgeon would be if the pain and swelling have increased in a short period of time, if there is any significant asymmetry of the contour of the breasts and finally the position of the pain. I always advise my patients to contact me in case the pain does not settle or increase, or if there is any concern on their part. I would advise you to contact your surgeon who I am sure will be happy to assist you.

Best of luck.

Andrea Marando

Andrea Marando, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Recovery from Mommy Makevoer

+1

Some discomfort is normal following a mommy makeover.  If there is any question, please contact your surgeon who will be in the best position to advise you.

David Stoker, MD

Breasts pain after mommy makeover

+1

Hmmm, most patients are more focused on their TT pain rather than on their breast pain after a mommy makeover.  Go see your surgeon so he or she can be aware of the situation and examine you to rule out any complications such as bleeding. ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Pain after Mommy Makeover

+1

It is unusual for the breast to be more sore than the tummy tuck.   It is possible that this is just due to postoperative swelling or muscle spasm, but I would contact your plastic surgeon immediately to ensure that you do not have a hematoma.  Severe pain is often the  first symptom of bleeding.  

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast pain after augmentation with lift

+1

Usually after breast augmentation/lift, you are expected to have some discomfort and pressure.  It should not be severe pain.  Most patients are bothered by TT pain, rather than breast pain. You should see your plastic surgeon in make you that you have no complication such as bleeding/infection.

Sugene Kim, MD, FACS

Post op pain

+1

Your question is difficult to answer without more information.  Have you taken any pain medication? Does it help? What size are your implants? Are they below the muscle? 

If you are in extreme pain you need to contact your surgeon for further evaluation.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Breast pain after mommy make over

+1

Although a tummy tuck with breast lift and breast augmentation can cause considerable chest and abdominal pain, the concern with this combined surgery is infection or blood collection (hematoma).

Contact your surgeon's office and ask to be seen.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD