Silicone Breast Implants 13 years Ago; Left Breast is Severely Creasing and Feels Lumpy?

I had my silicon breast implants 13 years ago. I have noticed in recent months that my left breast in severely creasing at the side and feels very lumpy. It also feels like pins are sticking into my breast if I press or lie in this side???

Change in shape and lumps 13 years after silicone breast implant.

+2

Changes in shape and lumps around silicone breast implant suggest a ruptured implant. You should make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area and get checked out.

Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

You may have capsular contracture due to the implant rupture

+2

The change in the shape and feel of breast implant can be secondary to the leakage and capsular contracture. Please see your board certified plastic surgeon for evaluation and treatment. MRI would show the rupture,but if you have changes in the breast shape, no need to confirm the rupture.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Change in shape after implants

+1

It sounds to me like you may have a capsular contracture with calcification which I have seen a number of times around older gel implants. The treatment I recommend in such cases is removal of the implant and surrounding capsule. If you wish, you can then have another implant placed. You should seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your options. Good luck to you.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon