I Had Brest Enlargement 2 Weeks Ago, Have Ache in Left Breast and Tingling on Neck/chest. Should I Worry?

The tingling only comes and goes, but I become very aware of my chest and neck. It makes me feel sick. I am worried caring for my 4 children has physically affected something. The ache in my left breast only started 2 days ago.

Worry about ache in breast two weeks after implants

+1

We should think that episodes of ache in the breast two weeks after breast augmentation quite normal, though you should call your surgeon to let him know.

Best of luck, Peter Johnson, MD.

“Ache” in Chest after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Most likely the “ache and tingling” you are experiencing 2 weeks after surgery falls within the “normal” range of sensations after breast augmentation surgery. To be sure, follow up with your plastic surgeon for direct examination.

Aching left breast two weeks after breast augmentation.

+1

It is very common to have discomfort that comes and goes for a number of weeks after breast augmentation surgery.

Even so, it would be prudent to give your plastic surgeon a call and share your concerns.  Your surgeon will probably ask a few questions just to make sure there is nothing out of the ordinary.

Calling your plastic surgeon will probably also give you some peace of mind.  I would recommend it.

Best wishes for an uneventful recovery.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Post op discomfort

+1

It's not unusual to have some occasional discomfort that varies during the initial recovery period.  In fact, you may have some minimal occasional aches and pains throughout our life with breast implants in place.  The majority of the time it's nothing to worry about.  You should have some upcoming follow up visits with your surgeon so use this time to discuss your concerns. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS