What is your procedure after a B/A & What Medications do you provide for healing & Post Op? (Photo)

What is your procedure after a B/A , such as wrapping and after care to tell the patient before leaving your office? & What Medications DO YOU provide for healing & Post Op ? Thank you for answering Dr.s

BA Post op

+2

We provide a surgical bra, instructions on care, pain medication and have the patient use arnica Montana and follow the patient closely. There are no magical medications or treatments after an augmentation -- just good close monitoring and communications.

BBA

+1
You are welcome to see my FAQ section (link provided below) BUT what really matters is what your PS provides/offers.

Web reference: http://www.drpirani.com/plastic-surgeon-toronto/plastic-surgery-questions-toronto/breast-augmentation-faq/

Post

+1
Hi, and thank you for your question. Each Board Certified Plastic Surgeon has their own pre-op and post-op procedures. Usually a prescription is sent home with the patient at the pre-op visit, or the prescription is called into the patient's preferred pharmacy. We use a dressing bra and a protocol of post operative instructions that we go over with the patient at the pre-op visit as well. Research a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon you are comfortable with and make a consultation appointment. All your goals and concerns can be discussed during the appointment. I hope this helps and best of luck to you!
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Post op instructions

+1

I will begin by saying that each surgeon has his or her own practices in managing patients after surgery.

Some use no support, just a light dressing over the incision. Others do a tight wrap with an ace bandage. I use a dressing bra with a pectoral strap. If any of the options were provably superior, we would all to the same. 

I send women home with pain meds, muscle relaxants, and a nausea remedy. Again, there is a wide variety in practices.

All the best. 

Web reference: http://plasticsurgeryseattle.net/html/before_n_afters.php

Breast Augmentation Post Op Care

+1
Each surgeon has their own routine when it comes to post breast augmentation care.  Most doctors will give you medications for pain and nausea and an antibiotic to help prevent infection.  Usually your doctor will have you wear a bra and/or compression wrap for the first few weeks after the surgery.  They will instruct you to avoid exercise or heavy lifting for 3 to 6 weeks following the surgery.  The doctor may also instruct you to perform breast massage to move the implant around - this can help prevent a scar capsule from becoming tight.  Best wishes.

Web reference: http://www.vincentleporemd.com

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Postop care and Recovery

+1
Every plastic surgeon has their own unique postoperative care protocol.  The general framework involves some form of compression garment/wrap for 3-4 weeks.  Most plastic surgeons recommend some activity limitations like no heavy lifting or strenuous activity for 3-4 weeks.  Most recommend avoiding push up bras.  Please visit with your board certified PS to find out what he/she specifically recommends.  Best wishes,
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX