Gummy/round textured from b to d or dd. My breast look great for nursing 4 kids? (photo)

I just had my first consult dr said home run. I want it placed through the nipple. DR & I are clear on submuscular but NOT how its going in. I would really like my feelings to be considered . I paid in full. I want nipple incision. he is insistent on underbreast how can I convince him? surgery is 12/11 and pre op visit is 12/2 please I need pics and reasons and any info you can give me

Nipple incision after 4 kids

+2

Eventhoug your breasts look great there is a need of breast lift , around nipple is indicated in very limited uses where the distance of areola nipple complex is lees than 22 cm , otherwise it can became the worst technique with very bad an inestethic results also living the breast in a lower position . let you plastic surgeron take the best option with your actual condition

Periareolar vs. inframammary incisions

+2

There are pluses and minuses for the periareolar and inframammary incisions. The periareolar scar heals very well. But, there is a higher long term risk of capsular contracture and also a risk for permanent nipple numbness. The inframammary incision is hidden in the crease of the breast so there is no "visible" scar, unless you lift your breast. There is less risk for nipple numbness. And, there is a lower long term risk of capsular contracture compared to all implant entry incisions. Thank you for sharing your photos and question. Best of luck with your upcoming surgery!

Gregory Park, MD

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
You should only go to a surgeon who you are comfortable with and that both of you are on the same page for the game plan

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Textured Round Cohesive Gummy Implants for B to D or DD Cup

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos. Yes, breast implants can be placed through the nipple incision you requested. There is a very slight but measurable increase in chances of nipple numbness and infection when the implants are placed through the nipple. I prefer the under breast incision as you described it but will honor a patients's request if the nipple incision is desired.

Use of the Keller Funnel makes placement of the implants through either incision much easier, no skin contact, and less traumatic on the implant shell.

To be sure what is right for you, return to your PS to discuss further or consider a second consultation with another board certified plastic surgeon.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation

+1

My favorite incision for breast augmentation is the periareolar location. This can be used for any type of implant placement including the anatomic implants. I use the funnel. Give the office a call if you would like to be evaluated

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Get another opinion

+1

See another doctor. Actually, from your photos you look a bit droopy and if they are put under the muscle, you might have a double bubble result (snoopy breasts). There is no reason they can not be put in through a circumareolar approach.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

When your surgeon doesn't want to do what you want...

+1

tells me you should find another surgeon more accommodating of your needs and desires. If your fee is refundable, consider seeing another doctor and get your money back. If it isn't, you can request the approach (nipple) but perhaps your surgeon is not as skilled with using that approach and if the comfort zone is with the fold approach, would you still insist on what your surgeon is not as skilled at? If there is any chance you may need a lift, the nipple incision is superior for facilitating that at a later time but the fold incision is the safest approach by far.

Curtis Wong, MD

What kind of breast surgery would work best for me?

+1

You should discuss this again with your Surgeon until you both are sure about which technique is best for you and you both agree to this. If you disagree with the opinion expressed, get another opinion. You may have to consider some form of a lift, however, since you appear to have different sized breasts and irregular areolae.Textured or smooth implants both could give you very nice results, but there are benefits to each. This also should be discussed with your Plastic Surgeon.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D. Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD

Breast aug surgery

+1
Thanks for your photo and anecdote. It is very very important to be on the same page as your plastic surgeon. I would return to him/her as soon as possible to make sure that you both agree on the approach. You might also consider a lift as well given the amount of droop you have.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Incision

+1

Your surgeon maybe uncomfortable with the periareola approach because of problems he has experienced with that approach. I would question why he is so insistent and if not satisfied go on other consults and find someone who is less insistent

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon