I Have Breathing Problems, Nasal Obstruction. Had Septo/Turbinoplasty With No Results?

I have breathing problems when I'm in hot places or I am agited or exercising. Five years ago I had nasal surgery to fix the problem, the surgeon make to me a septoplasty and a Turbinoplasty and still I can not breathe well. I can only breathe when I'm calm and quiet and in a cold room with air conditioning. I wonder if there is any definitive solution to my problem?. Thanks

+1

Hi,

I suspect you may have nasal valve collapse. This is not commonly addressed in patients with nasal obstruction. An ENT - Facial Plastic Surgeon can advise you whether this is the cause of your nasal obstruction.

Dr.S.

Can't breathe after septoplaty and turbinates

+1

There are three reasons that could be the answer..1) you are allergic 2) the septum and turbinectomy need a revision 3) you have collapsing upper lateral valves ...A specialist can fix any of these problems for you.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD